Brunch is definitely one of the things I miss the most about the weekends. If I had the time during the weekday mornings, I would without a doubt cook a large breakfast every day. This dish was inspired by the way I had my eggs prepared on a vacation a few years back in Turks and Caicos. I had never had creamy styled eggs before and they were mind-blowing for me since we always fried our eggs. A lot of methods suggest adding in something creamy right before serving (this is after you cook the eggs with butter), and in this case I used a local vegetable cream cheese. It was so good, especially paired with my chicken sausage and organic vegetable scramble. Thank you Taproot Farm for the delicious organic onions, zucchini, basil and peppers – the flavors of the scramble, meat and vegetables play perfectly off of one another and make this meal complete! Everyone who tried it really enjoyed it, especially since it was also quick to craft up! 🙂 I hope you all enjoy this simple and tasty recipe as much as I have – happy cooking and eating! 🙂
Creamy Egg Scramble Made with Butter and Vegetable Cream Cheese, Paired with Sautéed Onions, Zucchini, Sliced Peppers and Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, Topped with Fresh Torn Basil and Ground Black Pepper
Serves 2 – 3 People
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Two Sauté Pans
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
6 Large Eggs
3 Teaspoons Vegetable Cream Cheese (I used Melanie’s Medleys)
2 Chicken Sausages of Choice, Thinly Sliced (I used spicy Italian)
1 Small Zucchini, Sliced Thinly
1/2 Small Onion, Diced
1/2 Cup Sliced Pepper of Choice
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Torn
Ground Black Pepper
1. First, slice your chicken sausage and vegetables if you haven’t already.
2. Next, add salted butter and eggs to one sauté pan. Set aside.
3. After that, add in chicken sausage slices, zucchini, onions and peppers into the second sauté pan, drizzling with olive oil and mixing to combine.
4. Place both pans on medium heat. For the egg pan, you’ll want to start stirring everything in a clockwise motion (I used a wooden spoon to do this) until the mixture thickens and starts to resemble scrambled eggs. Toss the sausage/vegetables occasionally while you are stirring the eggs to promote even browning/cooking.
5. Once eggs and sausage/vegetables are cooked, transfer just the eggs to a small bowl and gently mix in vegetable cream cheese until fully incorporated.
6. Divide creamy eggs and sausage/vegetables among serving plates, top with torn basil and black ground pepper.
7. Enjoy! 🙂
*Store leftovers in the refrigerator.*