- one bunch of carrots – julienned
- 3 or 4 leaves of cabbage or kale – julienned
- spring onions – chopped
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 Teaspoons of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- optional – toasted sesame seeds or roasted peanuts to garnish
Shred, grate or julienne carrots. For the best texture, I would suggest using a julienne grater or mandolin. This is more time consuming but worth it. I was feeling a bit lazy and used my box grater. My salad was a bit on the mushy side but still delicious.
Julienne Cabbage or Kale.
Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, hot sauce and sesame oil. Depending on the type of peanut butter you use, you may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to loosen the dressing.
Combine carrots, cabbage and dressing. Garnish with spring onions, and sesame seeds or peanuts.
Recipe by Anna Shiffler from the Daily Loaf