Big Beautiful Beet, Carrot and Cucumber Salad
In the mood for a refreshing weekday salad? Check out this simple and delicious recipe!
I love making big salads for lunch and dinner! It’s a great way to use a number of ingredients in your refrigerator and also get a healthy, nutritious meal in. The colors in this recipe remind me of autumn – all the yellows, oranges and reds. I used a flavorful mix of Taproot Farm mixed greens, yellow and red beets, carrot, and cucumber. This recipe is easy to change-up with whatever vegetables you have on hand, proteins or toppings! I am all about mixing it up with whatever vegetables you need to use or using your favorite dressings. I hope you all enjoy this delicious recipe as much as we have – happy salad crafting!
*Beets need roasted for this recipe – please refer to these instructions: https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-beets-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-172827
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019
- First, cook and peel your beets. I used these instructions to cook the beets beforehand: https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-beets-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-172827
- Slice your beets, cucumbers and carrot.
- Arrange greens on the base of your bowl/tray. Top with beet, carrot and cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts.
- Season with black pepper and serve with salad dressing of choice.
- Enjoy! 🙂