Bok Choy and Sugar Snap Pea Rice Noodles
Whole Wheat Pie Dough:
One of my favorite simple meals – easy to prepare and packed full of flavor and texture from an abundance of bok choy and sugar snap pea pieces!
I love a good go-to noodle dish! These dishes especially come in handy when you’re meal prepping or frantically searching for something quick, easy and satisfying at a meal time. This dish is simple and easy to prepare, really focusing on the flavors of Taproot Farm’s organic bok choy and sugar snap peas. I don’t cook these veggies for very long, so some of the “crunch” is preserved in the final product which adds a lot of fun textures to the dish. Pair these rice noodles and veggies with a favorite sauce, some fresh herbs, and extra crunchy toppings, and you have a unique and flavorful meal ready to enjoy!
- Bring water to a boil and cook your rice noodles according to package instructions.
- While the water is coming to a boil, chop up your sugar snap peas and bok choy. Fill the base of your sauté pan with ~1/4 inch of either salted water or broth of choice (I prefer chicken broth) and place chopped vegetables on top.
- While your noodles are cooking (mine took around 4-5 minutes), steam your sugar snap peas and bok choy on medium heat, tossing occasionally. The vegetables should turn vibrant green in color – you’ll know based off of that color change that they are slightly softened/cooked but still retain some crunch. This cooking time lasts about as long as it takes to cook your rice noodles.
- Drain your rice noodles and mix in your sauce of choice if using (I used 1 teaspoon of Gochujang Sesame Chili Sauce, but you can use more/less/something different depending on your preferences).
- Next, strain your veggies from any remaining broth/water mix and mix those into your noodles and sauce.
- Top with fresh herbs (I used parsley), crunchy nuts/seeds (I used cashews) and black pepper if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂