Crispy Sheet Pan Red Potatoes and Sweet Onions
I love sheet pan meals and side dishes. Anything that’s easy in the food prep realm I am always game for. Crispy sheet pan potatoes are a favorite of mine, because it’s a super hands off way to make potatoes and also works great as a dinner side, breakfast accompaniment – you name it!
I enjoy that this dish is simple, but combines a lot of really great flavors. The sweet onion, basil and goat cheese truly add to the entire dish in a unique way. I love the melting pockets of goat cheese and the pop of basil as I am eating this. Enjoy this simple and delicious recipe – happy cooking!
- First, scrub and wash your potatoes, then cube. Also cube your spring onion and slice your garlic.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Add your potatoes, onions and garlic to a sheet pan, pour olive oil over top and mix thoroughly to incorporate on the pan and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes, mix/flip, and then back for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- Add goat cheese crumbles, fresh basil, extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Enjoy warm!
Alysha Melnyk is the Founder and Content Creator of The Kitchenologist©, a food blog dedicated to healthy eating and kitchen experiments. Alysha combined her background in biology with her passion for making food delicious, eye-catching, and accessible. When she’s not cooking in the kitchen or dreaming up a recipe, Alysha works full time as an Implementation Specialist and Lead Educator at ECRI, an international medical nonprofit located in suburban Philadelphia that is dedicated to improving patient safety worldwide. Alysha finds her many career passions revolve around the power of knowledge and that equipping people with the right tools and resources will help them make better informed decisions.