Fluffy Egg Stuffed Sweet Peppers with Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Easy recipe that’s perfect for a quick and delicious meal with a burst of sweet and spice!
I’m a big believer that breakfast doesn’t have to be boring, and it also doesn’t have to be complicated. Do you know what you’re making for breakfast/brunch this weekend? You may want to try this recipe for egg stuffed sweet peppers, served over a tomatillo sauce and topped with cheese, diced tomato, and microgreens, all organic vegetables from Taproot Farm. You can even simply stuff the peppers with eggs and serve with whatever toppings or base you want. I hope you all enjoy this fun and flavorful recipe as much as we have. Happy breakfasting/brunching! 🙂
Two Oven Safe Dishes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place 1 teaspoon olive oil in one oven safe dish and spread.
- Place halved and deseeded peppers in dish (fitted closely together if possible to keep from moving) and drizzle with 1 additional teaspoon olive oil.
- Mix large egg with heavy cream until blended. Use a liquid measuring cup to help pour the mixture in the pepper halves until almost filled.
- Place diced tomatillos in another oven safe dish and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix.
- Place both dishes in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes until tomatillos and peppers are softened, and eggs are set.
- Remove from oven. Cover pepper dish with foil. Let tomatillos cool and then place in food processor to puree.
- Place pureed tomatillo on plate and add peppers on top. Sprinkle with cheese, microgreens, and diced tomatoes, drizzle with hot sauce and add black pepper if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019