An easy make-ahead breakfast or snack ready to go in your refrigerator!
I am always looking for easy and healthy on-the-go breakfast ideas. Typically I find myself in a scramble in the morning trying to get every odd and end together, without the time to have a nutritious breakfast. These egg muffins are perfect because they are easy to make, reheat and enjoy throughout the week! I typically eat two and am ready to take on the day! Another great part about these egg muffins is you can mix and match the ingredients with what vegetables, meats and cheeses you have on hand. I love adding hearty greens to my egg muffins, and I had some Taproot Farm organic kale on hand I was ready to use. I am excited to make more of these in upcoming weeks with some different vegetables and combinations. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and get creative with the possibilities – happy cooking!
Makes a Dozen Large Egg Muffins
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019
Oven, preheated to 350°F
Large Muffin Tin
Liquid Measuring Cups
Dry Measuring Cups
Grater (*For cheese)
8 Large Eggs, Whisked
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Local Salami, Diced
1 Heaping Cup Torn Kale Pieces
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F and place liners in your muffin tin.
- Next, whisk you eggs and milk until well-blended.
- After that, pour part of this mixture into your liquid measuring cup. Use this to easily fill your egg cups around half to three quarters full.
- Repeat this until all the egg/milk mixture is used and your cups are full.
- Divide the mozzarella, salami pieces and kale among the egg cups, putting sprinkles of all in each.
- At the end, I use a spoon to gently mix everything around in each cup.
- Place your egg muffin tray in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until eggs are set. Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Sprinkle muffins with black pepper as desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂 Leftovers refrigerate well and are easy to reheat as needed.