Can anyone tell I’ve been on a Southwestern food kick lately?! 🙂 I am LOVING all the fresh and fun flavors this summer has to offer! However, I also started to feel some “fall vibes” this past week after the Eagles played in their first preseason game on Thursday (Go Birds!)! Which then led me to think of all the game day foods we would be having once the season officially starts. And dip is always on the menu! There are so many ways to make a fun and tasty dip. Last weekend, I had a chance to sample a variety of different dips at a friend’s bachelorette party, with many of them including cream cheese. That inspired me to craft up this dip, highlighting a delicious horseradish & cheddar cream cheese I had on hand from Melanie’s Medleys! I decided to do a baked dip (you really can’t beat warmed cream cheese) and then add some fresh flavors on top with a variety of delicious vegetables I had on hand from Taproot Farm! Everything combined together perfectly on the flavor spectrum and I am already excited to make it again. I hope you all enjoy this yummy dip as much as we have – happy baking and snacking! 🙂
Refried Black Beans Mixed with Greens and Spring Onion, Topped with Melanie’s Medleys Horseradish & Cheddar Cream Cheese and Shredded Cheese, Smothered in a Homemade Salsa Garnished with Black Pepper and Fresh Parsley
Makes Multiple Servings (*Great for an appetizer)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Dry Measuring Cups
Oven Safe Dish (I used a 9 inch oval one)
Oven Preheated to 350°F
1 Can Refried Black Beans (I used low sodium)
1 Spring Onion Stalk, Chopped
1 Cup Mixed Greens, Chopped (I used a salad mix that was spinach and chard)
1 Container Melanie’s Medleys Horseradish & Cheddar Cream Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Cheese of Choice (I used a mild cheddar & Monterey jack mix)
1/2 – 1 Avocado, Diced (*Depends how much topping you want)
1 Cup Fresh Tomato, Diced
1 Spring Onion Stalk, Chopped
1/2 Cup Pepper, Diced
1/4 Cup Pickled Jalapeño, Diced
Tortilla Chips/Crackers of Choice
1. First, preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Next, combine refried black beans, chopped spring onion and chopped mixed greens in a mixing goal, stirring to combine.
3. Next, spread this in an even layer on the base of the oven dish.
4. On top of that, spread the horseradish & cheddar cream cheese in an even layer.
5. Place this in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. While this is baking, work on chopping your vegetables for topping if you haven’t already.
7. After baking for 15 minutes, remove the dish and top with shredded cheeses of choice.
8. Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
9. Once vegetables are all chopped, combined diced tomato, onion, pepper and pickled jalapeños in a mixing bowl. Keep avocado separate until topping.
10. After the dip cools for 5 minutes, pour the salsa mix all over the top and avocado pieces, garnishing with torn parsley and black pepper if desired.
11. Serve with tortilla chips or favorite crackers of choice.
12. Enjoy warm – happy eating! 🙂