A personal-sized tomato frittata ready in minutes and made with less than 10 ingredients! 🙂
I am LOVING that tomato season is longer than usual this year! I can’t get enough of the deliciousness and abundance of farm fresh tomatoes. To embrace these last number of tomato harvests, I decided to craft up a single serve tomato frittata! This recipe is SUPER easy to make and uses just a small stovetop pan with lid to cook up. Even though it’s only a handful of ingredients, the final result is packed with flavor from the fresh tomato, scallion cream cheese, and fresh basil I used. It’s definitely a treat and hands down a great way to start your day! This recipe is also ideal for lunch or as a light dinner. I’d like to thank Taproot Farm for the delicious organic tomato used in this recipe. I hope you all enjoy this tasty breakfast recipe as much as I have – enjoy! 🙂
Makes 1 Serving
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Small Sauté Pan with Lid (Mine is an 8 inch pan)
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
2 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
3 Tomato Slices
1 Tablespoon Scallion Cream Cheese
Optional for Topping: Fresh basil, everything bagel seasoning and black pepper
- First, pour your olive oil into the sauté pan and gently swirl to coat the base of the pan.
- Next, whisk eggs and milk together until combined. Pour this mixture into your pan and top with fresh tomato slices.
- After this, place small hunks of cream cheese throughout the different sections of the egg mixture.
- Cover everything with a lid and cook on medium/medium high heat until everything is cooked through and set (this took me a little less than ten minutes).
- Use a spatula to gently push the frittata out of the pan and onto your serving plate.
- Top with fresh torn basil, everything bagel seasoning and black pepper if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂