The perfect blend of spicy, sweet and savory ~ peppers, onion, cauliflower, breaded chicken, garlic, broccoli and fresh pineapple, all tied together with a delicious creamed pineapple honey sauce.
This is a meal that satisfies every craving ~ spicy, salty, sweet, savory, you name it! I adore the combination of fruits, vegetables, proteins and sauce to make this dish come together super nicely. Aside of the chicken being cooked separately in the oven before being added in, everything else is cooked up and combined in one pan! Which definitely makes for an easier cleanup at the end of the meal. I was craving something tropical and summery in flavor after the weather started getting a bit colder. And this recipe was just the dose of sunshine I needed! 🙂 I’d like to thank Taproot Farm for the incredible organic vegetables used in this recipe and Funny Farm Apiaries for the decadent creamed pineapple honey used in this recipe. I am greatly looking forward to enjoying this dish again – happy cooking and eating! 🙂
Makes Around 4-6 Servings (*As a Meal)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Large Sauté Pan with Lid
Liquid Measuring Cup
Dry Measuring Cups
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 and 3/4 Cup Sweet Peppers, Diced
1 Cup Sweet Onion, Diced
3 Cups Frozen Cauliflower Rice (*You can also grate your own cauliflower to “rice” it)
1 Pack Breaded Chicken Pieces of Choice (*You can certainly make your own as well, I just found this helped to reduce cooking time. My pack had 25 small breaded chicken pieces in it.)
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Heads Broccoli, with the Florets Cut Off
2/3 Cup Chicken Broth
1 and 3/4 Cups Fresh Pineapple, Diced
5 Tablespoons Funny Farm Apiaries’ Creamed Pineapple Honey
1/4 Cup Roasted Cashew Pieces
2 Teaspoons Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon (*Or more) Chili Flakes
- First, preheat the oven and cook your breaded chicken pieces according to package instructions.
- While your chicken is cooking, combine olive oil, diced sweet pepper, sweet onion and garlic in the sauté pan. Cook mixture for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, to cook and lightly brown pieces.
- After that, add in frozen cauliflower, broccoli florets, and chicken broth to the same pan. Cover with lid, tossing occasionally, and cook until broccoli and cauliflower are tender.
- After this, remove lid and allow the chicken broth to cook off and continue to toss occasionally (this could take around 15 to 20 minutes).
- Once chicken is cooked, feel free to add in the whole pieces or cut into smaller pieces (I cut mine in half) into the pan.
- Keep everything on low heat and gently stir in the fresh pineapple, pineapple creamed honey, cashew pieces, reduced sodium soy sauce, and chili flakes. Mix well so all the flavors are combined throughout the entire dish.
- Once everything is combined and warm, immediately serve. Add black pepper and additional chili flakes as needed.
- Enjoy! 🙂