Quick and Crispy Lacinato Kale Chips
A “healthier” change-up from standard potato chips and bakes in under 10 minutes!
Kale chips have become increasingly popular over the past number of years. Admittedly, I have tried more kale chips I’ve disliked than ones I’ve actually enjoyed haha! Especially because when I have a kale chip, I expect them to have that same crisp “crunch” that a potato chip would have. I’ve made a number of versions in the past that didn’t quite match that “crunch” ticket. However, through trial and error I have definitely learned a few tricks. I used organic Lacinato (also known as “dino”) Kale from Taproot Farm for this recipe. I like using Lacinato Kale for kale chips because it’s nice and flat, helping the kale chips cook evenly and crispy. These chips also store nicely for a few days in sealed containers, making for an easy and healthy bite when needed. I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy recipe as much as I have – happy cooking!
Two Sheet Pans
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Destem your kale and tear into bite sized “chip” pieces.
- Rinse kale chips and pat dry with towels.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine kale pieces and oil(s). Use your hands to massage the kale pieces so each piece is thoroughly coated with the oil. This is part of the trick to getting the pieces nice and crispy.
- Spread the pieces over the two sheet pans, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Cook chips for approximately 6 to 7 minutes until they are crisp but not burnt.
- Allow chips to cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and/or other seasonings of choice.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019