Serves: 4 medium sized salads
Simple Spring Spinach Salad
It’s time for all things fresh and spring! Enjoy this spinach salad as a meal or as a side dish – fresh organic spinach, strawberries, rye bread, asparagus, pistachios, bee pollen, goat cheese, and balsamic all come together in perfect flavor harmony.
This salad is simple in both ingredients and preparation. It serves as the perfect go-to meal when you want something that looks “fancy” but takes under five minutes to make. There’s a lot of fun flavors and textures that go into the final product, and maybe a few additions you wouldn’t have initially thought to use in an everyday salad recipe.
1. First, add your spinach as the base (I used the whole leaves and ate my salad with a knife for cutting, but using scissors or a knife to cut the spinach into bite-sized pieces in advance makes it easier for consuming!).
2. Toast your bread of choice in your toaster and cut or tear into desired pieces. Add on top of the spinach.
3. Slice your strawberries and sprinkle on top.
4. Either peel your asparagus into pieces lengthwise using a hand peeler (makes for the pretty ribbons pictured) or chop into smaller bite-sized pieces for easy eating. Add on top.
5. Sprinkle on goat cheese crumbles, pistachio pieces, bee pollen, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle balsamic reduction or dressing of choice.
6. Enjoy right away! 🙂 This salad is best eaten right when it is prepared versus stored.