A festive and filling fall feast consisting of your favorite pasta, pumpkin, cheese, brussel sprouts, tat soi, broccoli, honey, and walnuts.
Happy Halloween, Family, Friends and Followers!!! 🙂 I hope you all have a terrific day filled with some tricks but mostly TREATS! To celebrate, I am posting my recipe for this seasonal Stovetop Pumpkin and Green Vegetable Pasta. Pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients to put in pasta because it gives the effect that you have more cheese sauce on your meal when, instead, you are getting some extra vegetable goodness in there! This pasta is great because it satisfies your carb cravings but also incorporates a number of nutritious vegetables (making it a win-win!). I’d like to thank Taproot Farm for the delicious organic brussel sprouts, tat soi and broccoli used in this recipe. I hope you all enjoy this tasty and easy recipe as much as I have ~ have a spooktacular Halloween and remember to treat yourself!!! 🙂
Makes Around 8-10 Servings (*As a Meal)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Large Sauté Pan with Lid
Pasta Pot with Lid (I used an oval shaped pasta pot)
Liquid Measuring Cup
Dry Measuring Cups
3 Cups Brussel Sprouts, Thinly Sliced
3 Cups Tat Soi, Cut into Pieces (*Or other leafy green of choice)
3 Cups Broccoli Florets, Bite-Sized
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1 16 Ounce Package Pasta of Choice
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Whole Milk (*Or milk of choice)
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (*Unsweetened)
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (*Plus extra for topping)
1 Tablespoon Raw Honey (I used Bacon Infused Raw Honey)
1/2 Cup Roasted Walnut Pieces
- First, combine your brussel sprout pieces, tat soi, broccoli florets, and chicken stock in your large sauté pan. Place on medium/medium-high heat, cover with lid and cook until softened. Mix occasionally. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Once vegetables are softened, remove lid and allow remaining chicken stock to cook off. Once this is done, turn off heat and set aside.
- While greens are cooking, heat your water for your pasta of choice and cook pasta according to your package instructions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In your emptied pasta pan, add unsalted butter and melt on low/medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in whole milk, pumpkin puree, grated parmesan and raw honey. Mix until everything is smooth.
- Next, gently add in pasta and mix. Add in vegetables and gently mix again.
- Top your pasta with extra cheese, walnut pieces and black pepper.
- Cover and warm this pasta (stirring occasionally if needed ~ mine heated through fairly quickly so I didn’t ever stir) to desired eating temperature.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! 🙂