One of the great benefits of Taproot Farm’s CSA is the option to add on other locally grown and crafted goodies. This isn’t so much a recipe as a tribute to the artisans that make this possible. Seriously, you don’t have to think too hard about what to eat when you get bread, cheese, and fruit delivered to you with all your veggies. Here’s to the best of what summer in Berk’s County has to offer!
- Toast some slices of Daily Loaf whole grain bread.
- Spread toast with Valley Milkhouse clover cheese
- Top toast with sliced County Line Orchard peaches or nectarines
- Scatter with a few torn leaves of Taproot Farm basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of salt.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, snack, appetizer, or dessert.
Text and photography by Katie Darlington– Taproot employee, home cooking enthusiast, and farm-to-kitchen blogger. More of her recipes and writing can be found on her own blog, The Sweetness of the Season.