Baked Curried Hakurei Turnips
Whole Wheat Pie Dough:
The perfect spiced addition to any meal or as a fun snack – Curried Hakurei Turnips! Use these as a base to your breakfast bowl, a fun salad topper, a side dish at dinner, or as a snack all on their own!
Digging into Week 3 bounty of Taproot Farm’s Summer CSA! I have been LOVING the abundance of Hakurei Turnips! I enjoy eating these thinly sliced as raw, crunchy treats. But, I also love roasting them up because they taste similar to potatoes (and it also cuts down on some of the bitterness)! I seasoned this creation with curry powder, which adds the perfect spiced addition to these turnips. Top with some fresh herbs and dip in some of your favorite sauces, and you’ll find there are many ways to get creative with this super easy dish! I hope you all enjoy these as much as I have – happy eating and creating!
Makes Two Side Servings (*Can Easily be Multiplied)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cubed turnips, olive oil, curry powder, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder and mix until turnip pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread onto the sheet pan in an even layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly browned and softened (I baked mine for around 23 minutes).
- Serve warm and sprinkle with black pepper and fresh torn herbs. Pair with your favorite dipping sauces if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂